30 November 2015

Must-Haves from MAC




So I've been absent for the last few months on my blog, and on my Instagram which I have recently got back into. I've been so busy with coursework considering this is my last year at college before I leave and either go to Uni or do an apprenticeship so I haven't found any time to blog or post on my Instagram account. However, what with Christmas coming up, I have a little more time now to blog so I'm going to begin again by sharing with you my must-have products from MAC!
I've only been using MAC makeup for just over a year now, but I absolutely love their products. I began with just one lipstick, and I've managed to build up my collection and spend more and more money along the way.





1. MAC Prep and Prime Fix +, £17.00


Fix + will become your best friend, whether you have dry skin to oily skin. It's a light-weight mist that refreshes the skin and leaves it feeling revitalised and fresh, especially if you choose to powder your make up. This will not leave you looking oily and over-dewy, but it'll make your face look fresh and finished. You can spray Fix + before you apply your make up to create a smooth base which will allow your foundation to go on smoothly, or after you apply your make up to add a bit of freshness to your skin. This will be FAB if you have bone-dry skin, and even if you have oily skin like me, you will still love this because I sometimes over-do it with setting my T-zone area and under-eye area, and this helps it look less powdery and cake and more natural and fresh.


2. MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation SPF 15, £22.00


This has become my favourite foundation and worth the money. And considering this foundation costs £22 whilst other high-end foundations can go as far as £50, the price really isn't that bad and I would happily repurchase this foundation. It creates a natural matte finish, perfect especially for anybody with oily skin, like me, who doesn't want that super dewy look, and is a build able coverage. Whether you just want a completely subtle natural foundation look, or you want to completely cover any imperfections on your face, this foundation can do it. It won't be too cakey or heavy on the skin, and it can be built up easily. MAC claim that Studio Fix Fluid can last up to 8 hours, and that really wouldn't surprise me considering I go out to college in the morning at half 8 and come home at 3/half 3 and it hasn't budged: it looks as good as when I apply it first thing in the morning.
If you are looking into purchasing a MAC foundation and are unaware about how the foundation shades work, MAC have divided it into NC and NWNC meaning Neutral Cool, and NW meaning Neutral Warm. NC consists of yellow tones, and NW consists of pink tones. So if you have yellow-toned skin, like myself, you should go towards NC shades in MAC foundation, whereas somebody with pink-toned skin should go towards NW shades. If you want to find out what your shade is, I recommend visiting eBay as there are samples of different MAC foundation shades sold on there for as little as £2. They come in a small tube and you can order as many as you like to find out what shade you are. I highly recommend this foundation if you're unsure of which MAC foundation to begin with because it's the cheapest and, in my opinion, the best foundation I have ever used. If you have oily skin, this foundation is definitely for you.


3. MAC Pro-Longwear Concealer, £17.50



I LOVE this concealer for my under-eye area. I use NC15 which is super light, so it provides me with the perfect under-eye highlight and also covers any dark circles I may get from time-to-time. It's a medium to full coverage concealer so you do not need to apply a lot, otherwise it begins to look too thick and cakey. I like to give my face a quick spray with my Fix + when I apply the concealer, then I blend it in with my beauty blender so it looks fresh and natural. A little goes a long way with this concealer, so you really do not need to use a lot. It's a small bottle, but lasts a good amount of time if you use it carefully and it lasts all day on the skin. MAC Pro-Longwear Concealer provides a natural matte finish, but I always set it with a pressed powder to prevent it from creasing. This is a great concealer which I will definitely continue to repurchase.


4. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle, £24



Soft and Gentle is the most beautiful baked highlighter I have ever come across. It is described as a 'gilded peach bronze', similar to a rose gold in my opinion, and it looks gorgeous on the skin. I apply it to the highest points of the face to add a natural glow, and sometimes add a spritz of Fix + to accentuate the shimmer. Every girl needs a highlighter in their makeup collection, but especially in their MAC collection as this Mineralize Skinfinish is gorgeous. They come in 4 shades, but Soft and Gentle is definitely a must-have.


5. MAC Matte Lipstick in Velvet Teddy, £15.50


Velvet Teddy is my favourite nude lipstick by MAC (and in general) and is a lipstick I think everybody needs in their MAC collection, and their lipstick collection in general. It's the 'Kylie Jenner Lipstick' that everybody obsessed over this year, and I can't blame them! It's beautiful. It's the perfect combination of brown, nude, and pink undertones, and the fact that it's a matte finish gives it the perfect touch: it's perfect for Autumn and Winter with a gold/bronze toned smokey eye. It's my most-worn MAC lipstick, and I'm currently onto my second one. I can't get enough of it, and I can't stress to you enough how much you need this lipstick in your life. It isn't too nude where it makes you look washed out, and it isn't too dark where it's bold and in-your-face.


6. MAC Matte lipstick in Diva


Diva by MAC is a must-have dark lipstick for the Autumn and Winter months. It is a dark cherry colour with a matte finish, like Velvet Teddy, and I feel that the mattes are so long lasting. Diva is the perfect Autumn berry colour one of the most popular dark lipsticks by MAC. Do you see why?! It's so gorgeous!


7. MAC Pro-Longwear Blush in Rosy Outlook, £20.50


Rosy Outlook is one of my favourite blush shades by MAC, as it really gives me that natural rosy cheek with my contour. It's subtle and light, and super pigmented so you really do not need to use a lot! A little goes a long way with the Pro-Longwear blush formula. The formula lasts all day on my cheeks and doesn't fade at all, and the colour blends in seamlessly. Definitely a must-have as it is such a natural soft colour and formula, and considering I'm beginning to run out, I will be repurchasing very soon!


8. MAC Tinted Lipglass in Florabundance, £14.50


I love this lipglass formula, and especially this shade - Florabundance. It is the perfect peach-blossom pink-nude gloss, and I love applying this over the top of super nude lipsticks, such as Blankety, so the lipstick doesn't look too nude and doesn't make me look washed out. It's beautifully glossy and subtly pigmented. It states on the MAC website that the lipgloss contains Jojoba Oil which helps soften and condition the lips, and the lipglass is packaged in a small convenient bottle: perfect for keeping in your handbag. Florabundance is such a pretty lipglass and definitely the best lipgloss I own. I think every girl needs a nude gloss in their collection, and this is the one to own.

MAC products can be purchased from websites/places such as Selfridges, House of Fraser, Debenhams, and eBay as well as MAC Cosmetics. 

What are your must-have MAC products?

Follow me on Instagram @megancelinenash and be sure to subscribe and follow my blog.

Megan xo

No comments:

Post a Comment