6 April 2016

Review | St. Tropez Untinted Classic Bronzing Mousse


After receiving the St. Tropez Untinted Classic Bronzing Mousse Self Tan with a tanning mitt, I couldn't wait to give it a go and get all bronzed up!

Over the last few winter months of cold miserable weather, I've been looking like a snowman due to the lack of sun we've had and the lack of skin that I've actually been willing to show. I'm not generally good at applying self tan so I was quite nervous as to how this would turn out, but I wanted to try it and let you guys know what I thought of it as well as obviously wanting to be tanned!

Smell - St. Tropez claim that they have altered the scent of their self tanning products due to the strong overpowering smell that most self tanners tend to have. They say, 'thanks to our breakthrough mood-enhancing fragrance technology, you can be sure to say goodbye to that tell-tale self tan smell.' I am pleased to say that I agree with this statement! The first thing I noticed was that the smell wasn't too overpowering and it wasn't the same typical self tan smell that you usually get with a lot of self tanning products. I found that it actually smelt rather nice and I didn't have a problem with the scent at all. There wasn't that weird self-tan scent. So first impressions were so far so good.

Application - So as the bottle says, this product is in the form of a mousse which I had no problem with in the first place. I did 2/3 pumps onto the mitt for each leg so I had a full coverage, 1 pump for my chest, and 1 or 2 pumps for my arms. Any excess product left on the mitt was used on my hands and feet. The product clearly says on the bottle 'Untinted' so, obviously, there is no colour guide to see how well you're applying the self tan. This isn't to much of an issue. The product glides onto the skin smoothly and seamlessly and there was no problem with blending the product into my skin. I exfoliated and moisturised before applying the self tan so that the application went on smoother and more nicely, so I recommend doing this before you apply any fake tan to avoid getting any dry patches. After applying the self tan I left my clothes off for a good 40 minutes to ensure that the product was dry enough when I eventually put my pyjamas on. 

The Result - The next morning after my tan had dried, I noticed that I managed to miss a few bits on my skin (typical me), but other than that I really liked the colour of the product. It was a nice golden brown: not too dark and not too light, and it was definitely a noticeable difference which was what I wanted! I felt that the self tan was a nice natural golden colour and I looked like I had just come back from a few days away in a hot country rather than looking like I'd come back from a 2 month holiday in the Bahamas. I couldn't really smell the product; there was only a slight scent which didn't bother me in the slightest. This same day I had a shower and exfoliated once again and I found that the self tan did not come off! This, for me, is great, because it saves having to reapply over and over again which becomes so tedious. I applied a little more product so I could really get to know this self tan and be able to review it properly, and when the tan had dried and set the next morning it looked great. Obviously I was darker, but it was still a natural golden brown colour which I really liked. As well as this, I found that nothing made this tan budge! I've found with other self tanners that you get a drop of water on your skin and you end up with a white patch where the tan has come off! You do not get this with the St. Tropez bronzing mousse. Once it's on your skin, it's going to take quite a lot of effort to really get rid of your new tan. This product doesn't feel heavy or drying on the skin to me and it provides you with a nice even colour all over. 

Would I purchase this? - I was lucky enough to receive this in the post to review, so I got it for free! I went online almost straight away to find out how much it would cost me to purchase this self tan for myself. On the St. Tropez website and at Boots it retails at £26, whilst retailing at £25.99 in Superdrug. You get 200ml in the bottle so for £26 I think it's worth it. 200ml of self tan should go a long way so I don't expect to purchase this any time soon as I definitely still have loads left But when I do run low on this product I believe I will purchase it for myself. 

I hope you found this review helpful- sorry for not including images as I didn't take any before or after pictures. However when I do reapply, I will make sure to take before and after pictures and I will include them in this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment