17 April 2016

Diary | Treat Yo' Self!


So recently I've been feeling a bit anxious and stressed out, and all together just fed up with people's shit. I live in a small area where everybody knows each other, which means everybody knows each other's business. And the people in this area are so unbelievably toxic. SO, I decided to treat myself because I sat and thought to myself, I bloody deserve it! I grabbed the computer and went straight to Zara, House of Fraser, Beauty Bay and Feelunique and spent a bit (a lot) of money on myself. And you know what? It felt fucking good. 

I tend to calculate every month how much disposable income I'll have and how much money I'll have left after different payments I have to make. I tend to stress myself out over money a lot. But when I'm having a bad week, a bad day, or I'm just feeling a little low, I think treating yourself is important. The importance of treating yourself is often overlooked and misjudged as being a shopaholic (which I'll admit I am) or being downright greedy and unnecessary. But it really isn't.

Giving yourself a treat to lift your spirits or because you've done something that deserves an award is a good thing. Doing something good for yourself rather than other people is good! To treat yourself doesn't mean to splash the cash in several shops and buy the whole of Primark. To treat yourself means to lift our spirits that little bit and clear our minds. And you can do anything to treat yourself. That could be buying that bag you've been eyeing up for months, or treating yourself to a takeaway, or even treating yourself to a lazy day.

Treating yourself doesn't always need to involve money, but when it does and I panic about how much money I'm going to be left with for the next 3 weeks, I remind myself that in a few years time it won't be easy to treat myself to a new bag and makeup whenever I feel like it. My main priority will be paying a number of different bills each month/week. So whilst bills are the least of your worries, treat yourself while you can and do whatever the hell you want. As well as remembering the importance of treating yourself, remember the importance of you and your wellbeing, and give yourself a little treat from time to time. You deserve it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment