23 April 2016

Review | Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer


I recently purchased the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer from Beauty Bay after having my eye on it for quite some time. I've used the Dipbrow before in Dark Brown and, whilst I liked the formula, I much preferred using a pencil so I went back to my Maybelline eyebrow pencil. However, after feeling a bit down in the dumps and needing a pick-me-up, I decided to treat myself to some new makeup, and this was the first thing I purchased.

Anastasia is a goddess and all her products seem beautiful. I love her powder contour kit, I enjoyed using the Dipbrow, and I absolutely love the Brow Definer. 

As you can see, it has a triangular tip which makes it easier to carve out your brow and sharpen that tail. The fact that its a retractable pencil makes it so much more manageable as it saves having to sharpen it over and over again. I always go for a retractable eyebrow pencil. At the other end is a spoolie which is noticeably larger than the Brow Wiz spoolie. I always need a spoolie to blend in any colour I put on my brows and this helps to make the beginning of your eyebrow appear more natural. Large or small, I'm not too fussed about the size of the spoolie: this one works great.


I purchased the shade Dark Brown which I was actually hesitant about. I didn't know whether it would be too dark or possibly too auburn. It is, however, I perfect match for me; in fact, it's a better match than the Maybelline eyebrow pencil I was previously using which I've noticed is too grey-toned and ashy for me. Dark Brown is definitely not too dark and is a great shade for people with both fair and tanned skin, and medium to dark brown hair. This shade compliments my skin tone and hair colour perfectly.



These photos are just an example of the shape of my eyebrows and how this Brow Definer helps to carve out the perfect brow and help accentuate that arch. The lighting makes my brows appear slightly more auburn with this eyebrow pencil, however in person the colour is not this auburn.

Anastasia claims that the triangular tip can be used three different ways to outline and fill the brows
'Thin: Use the sharpest point of the tip to create fine, hair-like strokes. Medium: Use the back side of the pencil to create thicker, hair-like strokes. Wide: Use the pencil on its side to create broad strokes.'

This is a great technique to use to create hair-like strokes that look natural and accurate. However you do not have to use this technique to outline and fill your brows. I just simply do my brows the way I feel comfortable and what works best for me. 

I am a brow-fanatic and they are my favourite part of the makeup process. I will more than likely spend any money on an eyebrow product that I feel will work best for me and help me to achieve the best brow. I definitely recommend this product, especially for people who are only just starting to fill in their eyebrows as the triangular tip will really help to define the shape of your brows and fill them in naturally and smoothly with the help of the spoolie.

The Brow Definer retails at £16.00 from both Beauty Bay and Cult Beauty, and I definitely think it's worth the price. I'd better start stocking up so I'm prepared for when I eventually run out!

I hope you found this review helpful; be sure to check out my previous posts including what I learned from bitchy girls and my beauty wishlist!




No comments:

Post a Comment