1 December 2015

Chapter 12

It's safe to say this year has flown by, and we're now in December, Chapter 12: my favourite month of the year, for obvious reasons.
Cosy jumpers. Hot chocolate. Christmas. New Year. Cold weather. Excitement. Happiness.
However, it's also a month of realisation. Realising the year is almost over. Realising a brand new year is upon us. Realising that there are quite a lot of things we leave in December, and a lot of new things we welcome in January.
It's been a year of laughs, smiles, tears, and stress: that's for sure.
For me, it was a year experiencing A Levels for the first time. It was a year where I experienced grief when I lost somebody close to my heart. It was a year where I learnt who I can and cannot trust. It was a year where I learnt and did so many new and exciting things. It was a year where I learnt that family is the most important thing to me. And there's no doubt that next year will teach me even more new things. We don't know what 2016 will bring us: nobody does. But that's the beauty of the unknown. We spend so much time being in fear of the unknown, when we should be excited for it. Excited for who we're going to meet, where we're going to go. Excited for the lessons we will learn, the obstacles we will overcome. But we shouldn't wish time away. We should live in the moment, and focus on the present. Because the present really is a gift. 

This month, I plan on keeping my head held high, and I plan on focusing on what I love most. I'm going to smile and laugh more than I did in November, and I'm going to cry a lot less. I'm going to be strong, confident, hard-working, and positive. Because positivity is way more attractive than pessimism. 

Live in the present, forget the past, and look forward to the future.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment